View Single Post
Old 2010-01-12, 11:10am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
Now I'm here because I started to feel nauseous(sp) while torching, I no longer have the flu lol so it has to be my new set up.

Set up now, my chair is lower so my hood is higher and I'm closer to my torch than before. (also more comfortable so I sit longer periods as well)

Reading the link suggested above, he says it's bad to have too high cfm..basically no higher than 650-690..
Am I reading right? This is against all I've read here today.
http://mikeaurelius.wordpress.com/20...turbing-trend/

This is all so damn confusing.
I hate math, this is all math problems..where's the fan fairy?
The CFM requirements for ventilation is directly related to size of hood opening....

For a 650 -690 CFM air flow, hood opening would be approximately 24X30 inches....... IF opening is larger it needs more air flow (more CFM) ....

The math is the easy port, finding parts and building effective system is a problem....

Where the confusion may come in is Mike says to use 125 cfm for "open hood" and to use 100 CFM for a enclosed (five sided -box type) work station.... This does make a differences in cfm ratio..... But by no means limits CFM rating to specific numbers. CFM needed is still calculated by "face opening" of hood or "box" and using proper CFM "constant" (100 or 125) of workstation type....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-01-12 at 11:20am.