View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 3:22am
Naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoonglow View Post
Hey! That same thing happens to me. I torch in the basement, have a huge fan, a custom made hood which is vented out the window that is directly above me. The "good" air window is 20' away but it's small. Gas furnace and hot water heater are also in the basement. And the hole for the sump pump is right beside me. I get dizzy and have a heavy feeling in my chest when I torch (used to torch, haven't in over a year due to ventilation issues). Last year I decided the hell with it, I'm pushing through, because i want to torch! After about 2 weeks of torching a few hours a night I started noticing during the day that I was frequently forgetting things and having a little difficulty with my verbalization. I'd say the wrong word or not be able to find the right word. DH and I decided it's due to the torching. I stopped, and after a few more weeks, I was fine.

We're moving in another year and 1/2, and one of my priorities is having a perfect studio set up. Until then, when it thaws out over here in Pennsylvania, this spring I'm going to torch in the garage. Double doors up!
Same here, one thing though, the garage - I had torched at someone's house once and that was the first time I had any reaction to torching. My eyes swelled and were bright red for days, I only made one small bead too!
The wind was blowing in my face and she didn't have anything to block the fumes or anything. I do not know how she does not feel ill from that.

To Linda and Dale, thanks for all your help, but as she said up there it's just really..it takes a long time to feel well after getting ill from this..I stopped torching 7 days ago and I feel like someone took part of my brain away, I cannot think or grasp things, among other issues.

SO lol, run on rambling...that said, I have been reading a lot, have been for years but more so now, I just don't know how to figure the correct makeup or anything. I'll start a new thread.

As of now until a job comes along, this is my only income, so it's really bad timing to have issues now after all these years.