View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 2:55pm
RAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
Wait, eleven different plumbers cannot figure out how to change from a 1/8" npt-1/4" barb fitting to a 1/8" npt- 1/4" flare fitting?

Seriously? Just unscrew it. The problem is they don't know because it isn't an appliance.
Can they run a gas line with a shut off valve and just CAP IT?

After looking thru the International Residential Code you can use copper (K or L) tubing and flare fittings to connect gas "appliances", this isn't rocket science!

Check out the other gas thread, and show them the picture with the valve and fire suppressor and see if they can do that
I'm not trying to be nasty about the neighbourhood plumbers.. but most of them don't seem to want to think, they only want easy jobs! I've struggled to get them to even put a gas line upstairs (as gas appliances are not allowed in bedrooms- even though the room in question will never be used a sa bedroom), they won't install into rooms without 'professionally installed ventilation' (which will be installed, but isn't yet). Just no one wants to do anything slightly unusual.

I shall show them that pictures (from the other thread), and see if anyone is brave enough to take it on! What they're saying it that they can run a copper pipe, no problem, then they can end that with a screw fitting, and screw a hose on. but the other end of threaded hose fitting has to connect straight to the torch (which obviously has a barbed bit on it, and GTT say I shouldn't just unscrew this- as that is originally what i hoped to do). I don't want to ruin the torch by unscrewing it.. but at this point I'm willing to give it a try anyway, as i have no other ideas (and no other way to use the torch anyway!).

Shall let you know how I get on when i do the ring-round of all the plumbers tomorrow!

Any more ideas they please let me know.. It seems like it really shouldn't be this difficult!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Now with stock! And useful photography!)