View Single Post
Old 2017-04-17, 11:54am
Mmmmm....Raku

Smile NEW! "Volume Two - From My Studio to Yours"

I'm so excited to announce the release of my brand new tutorial "From My Studio to Yours - Volume Two"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5115404...op_home_feat_3

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: Because all of the bead designs contained in my notes use silver glass, it is strongly recommended that you work on a surface mix torch that uses both oxygen and fuel for best results. You should have a good knowledge of working with various striking and reduction glass colors. Other techniques mentioned in the notes include encasing, raking, twisting the glass with a stringer and threading glass onto the surface of a bead. It is also assumed that by purchasing this tutorial, you have a good knowledge of all the basic safety precautions associated with making glass beads on an open flame torch.

"From My Studio to Yours" Volume Two is not a step-by-step tutorial showing you how to make just one bead, but more of a collection of photos and studio notes for some of my favorite lampwork bead designs using silver glass. I will show you a total of 75 of my favorite bead designs, listing all the glass colors used to make the beads along with a brief description of the steps I took to make the beads. I've also included technical notes on the subject of encasing your beads, silvered ivory frit, Raku, threading / drizzling (link to video included) and getting to know your glass. While most of the Technical Notes are repeated from my first tutorial, I thought it was important to include them in this tutorial as well.

Although my studio notes are written with the intermediate bead maker in mind, the color combinations and techniques I cover would be of interest to all skill levels.

Glass referenced in these notes include both 104 COE and 96 COE soft glass.

This is an Instant Digital Download of a PDF File that you will need a PDF Reader program such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Nuance PDF Reader to open. Upon payment, you will be able to download this file directly from Etsy.

You have permission to use these notes as inspiration for making and selling your own beads, but I do ask that you not share these notes or attempt to reproduce them in any form other than printing a copy for your own personal use.

The file size is 6.91MB, and contains 95 pages with 89 photos.

This digital file download is non-refundable.

Copyright © 2017 Dawn Scannell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator

Last edited by Dawn >^..^<; 2017-04-18 at 2:28pm.