View Single Post
Old 2011-01-16, 5:03pm
Mr. Cellophane

Raking is when you rake in one direction and stop.
Feathering is when you continue your dragging of the glass.

I also use the transparent pick for my raking (don't use opaque it is too soft).
Then I make sure I super heat my pathway pull the bead out of the flame and very lightly touch the surface of the bead and rake. If your bead cools too much just heat again and pick up where you left off. Make sure you don't pull the pick from the glass, it will pull the glass with it. So rack and then at the end of the rake let the pick cool and then just break it off.

Also this is a COLD rake. Your glass pick should always stay out of the flame.

Raking is one of the oldest glass techniques and I learned it from Tom Holland who makes it look like its so simple, not.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.