View Single Post
Old 2015-01-19, 11:00am
They see me rollin'...

Well, I reheated the beads from the first night, and did what Lara said...let cool, then put in a bushy reduction flame. I also tried erasing the reduction with an oxygen flame and then redoing the reduction, like suggested on the DH website. I reduced the heck out of them, over and over, letting cool in between times. I thought I had figured it out...when I erased the reduction and redid it, I got more and more bronze metallic color. But as soon as I took it out of the flame it would disappear. But after I did it many times on each bead it seemed like there was finally a pretty metallic thing going on, so I put them in the kiln.

All of them looked like they had some reduction going into the kiln...not bronze, but still something.

Nope. They were still that muddy greenish/brownish/black when I took them out of the kiln this morning. I'm really bummed, more because of the time I wasted trying to get them to do something.

The only color is a bit of reddish reduction.

Beautiful beads, Lara and Carolyn!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2015-01-19 at 11:03am.