View Single Post
Old 2015-01-20, 4:29pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
That isn't what I'd use to cure the "light box effect." The sky is a huge light box.

I still haven't figured out how to photograph DH glass to give my customers an honest preview of what they might expect to see when they open the box in their living room - the photos always look either better or worse than the pieces look in actuality. I'd like to get something figured out, because right now I either go with the photos that look bad, which doesn't help sales, or just save the items for shows, which doesn't help sales, either. It seems like most people go with the best photos they can take, and it's not like the rest of my photos aren't take with excellent lighting, so maybe I'll go with that.
I don't sell online so don't have your dilemma. I can say, however, that often time students and customers who have seen my work online usually comment about how much more vibrant and colorful - not to mention iridescent - my beads are irl compared to the pictures they saw on the web.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|