Thread: Taming Terra
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 10:13pm

Default Taming Terra

I'm excited to announce that my next tutorial, coming March 31, will be a comprehensive look at Double Helix Terra. Now that DH is again manufacturing the original Terra formula in hand-pulled batches and the glass is available and affordable again, I'm going to tell you everything I know (and probably more than you ever wanted to know) about coaxing the best range of colors from Terra -- and how to best stabilize those colors while the beads are in the kiln.

"Taming Terra" will include a detailed step-by-step on exactly how I make the beads for my "Essential Terra" series, detailed striking and annealing instructions for both encased and unencased Terra beads, and instruction on other fun ways you can use Terra as well.

I'm writing the tutorial now. If you have specific problems or questions about working Terra, please feel free to post them in this thread and I'll make sure they're covered in the tutorial. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bluffroadglass; 2012-03-07 at 11:26pm.