View Single Post
Old 2006-01-14, 12:47am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbierke
I have the handheld presses - These are the least used presses I have. I like the ability to press at a level/angle that is comfortable for me. I don't like having to always make multi presses to even-out the bead. The press pushes the glass slightly to one side so that one side is fatter than the other.

I have the base-required presses - I like the shapes available and these are the most often used by me. The drawback on this press is as barbbbeads said. It requires a base for allignment and attention to the top press, guide, bottom press and all the while attention to the glass on your mandrel and its placement.

I have the pin-guided presses - These are my favorite presses to use. Also for the same reasons barbbbeads stated. No base to worry about and no allignment worries. A few less worries than the base-required ones.
You must be talking about the Tapley presses, not Kai's. kai's are superior to any hand held press on the market today. I totally vote fpr his press over any other press, superior made and perfect bead result, and Amy's press next, which is the pin press.