View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 2:57pm
Farewell promises nothing

If you are interested in helping me get this Tutorial Index updated and current, please send me a PM or post below!

The forum will be broken up into segments. Each segment will be assigned to a volunteer. Entry counts are estimated and based on the LAST POST date. Just find the last posted date on the forum list the corresponds with your assignment and continue line by line from that point.

2005 (entire year) - 45 entries (completed by brimmy)
2006 (Jan - June) - 45 entries (assigned to brimmy)
2006 (July - Dec) - 75 entries
2007 (Jan - March) - 45 entries
2007 (April - July) - 60 entries
2007 (Aug - Dec) - 45 entries
2008 (Jan - May) - 60 entries
2008 (Jun - Aug) - 45 entries
2008 (Sept - Dec) - 60 entries
2009 (Jan - April) - 60 entries
2009 (May - Sept) - 60 entries
2009 (Oct - Dec) - 30 entries
2010 (Jan - April) - 45 entries
2010 (May - Sept) - 45 entries
2010 (Oct - Dec) - 15 entries
2011 (Jan - April) - 45 entries (assigned to Pia Kaven)
2011 (May - current) - 30 entries (assigned to brimmy)

How to create entries for the Tutorial Index:

First of all, this is an index for sharing information. No thread discussing any tutorials for purchase will be included in this project.

Please ignore all threads that are for the purpose of selling a tutorial or are answering a request for a tutorial with a tutorial for sale.

Also, any threads that are marked as "moved" and have no last post date are not to be included. They are for other areas of LE and for another project another day. Threads in the "Free Tutorials" area will be addressed after the main forum is complete.

Best program to record entries is notepad. Feel free to use any other program, but I find it the best because the format allows me to see if entries are all the same length. If something is not lined up character by character to the other entries, then I know that there is a mistake in that entry.

You will end up with two lists: One for tutorials and one for requests/discussions.

Please put all entries in alphabetical order by the thread name.

Note: Hit "Quote" for this post and the coding will show up for the above examples. Each bit of code will be bracketed by the [ and ] characters.

Each tutorial entry should look like this:
Tubing Implosion Videos ~ Mr. Smiley External Link

Only include the last bit of code (size and colour codes around the External link part) only if the thread directs people to another site to view the tutorial.

Discussion entries are threads that are posted by someone starting a conversation or asking a question about particular techniques.

Each discussion entry should look like this:
Calla Lilly Bead Answered

Only include the last bit of code (size and colour codes around the Answered part) only if the thread has responses that answer the discussion or request as advice/hints/tutorials, etc

Last edited by brimmy; 2011-06-21 at 8:38pm.