View Single Post
Old 2006-08-21, 8:29am
Button Queen

OK. I finally got to work on the torch for a longer stretch this weekend (longer = more than 10 minutes before gassing myself senseless!) as the ventilation is now done!

The 5 candles on the outside are a nice blue. The center candle is taller and more yellow - not nearly as yellow, bushy, or tall as the one you pointed out kbinkster. It's closest to flamedancer's candles in this picture, but more yellow on the center candle.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...+center+candle

I started out running my propane at 4, and my oxygen at 8, but it was "hissing" a lot - fairly noisy, so I backed the oxygen pressure down to 6 and got less hiss and noise. I don't really know how to describe the hissing, other than - hissing. If I crank up the oxygen (at the torch) the noise gets louder, and if I dial it down, the noise gets less. So I'm sure it's something to do with the oxygen pressure.

Which is complicated by the fact that the oxygen regulator that my husband picked out for me is a nice one, but it doesn't "do" low pressures on the gauge really well. The first line on the gauge is 5psi, and the first number that's listed on the gauge is 30, so it's kinda tough to really tell what it's set at. He thinks we can just change the gauge, I think we need a different regulator.