Thread: Best torches
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 4:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

Nortel Minors for soft glass. There are good reasons the minor is the torch of choice in so many teaching studios. It's reasonably priced, durable and easy to repair and sort of a mid-range choice in terms of flame characteristics. I frequently hang out (and occasionally teach) at a teaching studio and they've had the same set of minors for years and years. Some of them look a little worse for wear, but they keep on ticking. The studio manager is able to take them apart and fix them herself when needed. (FYI, they a couple of Nortel Major Minors and a larger supply of Red Max torches for the boro classes.) If I were buying a beginner torch for myself, I'd buy a Cricket, because I like its flame characteristics better than the minor and far better than the mini cc or bobcat, but if I were looking for torches that would hold up to beginners for years to come, I'd go with the minor hands down.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.