View Single Post
Old 2005-07-09, 9:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAurelius
Lyn - torching with propane in a basement is never a good idea, it doesn't matter whether it is with a hothead or a oxy/propane torch.

Ventilation is difficult to manage, as is the problem of propane pooling. And running full pressure propane...I don't even want to think about it.
Yeah...it's a "walk out" basement (house built into the side of a hill--one side is "ground level"--but my doors are on that side, no windows) but that's why I take the torch outside & melt glass in the driveway--the tank lives outside in the shade of the porch, torch & table come inside when I'm done. I'm just peeved we've had a LOUSY summer so far & thinking of that 6 months of "too cold to torch" is making me crazy! (wonder if I can convince my brother in law his lawn tractor doesn't need to be stored in his shed? )

Prayers & hugs to your family Suzy....
~Lyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies