View Single Post
Old 2014-08-06, 1:08pm

I am there to shop, but mostly to meet people. For bead collectors it is the main event of the year. Guess like the gathering for lampworkers. There are very few bead collectors in the Netherlands or even from Europe, so it is a great treat to get to see so many people and talk old beads all the time. Now that I also do beadwork and lampwork, it is an even better event. There are nearly 40 shows, and I have been to pretty much all of them.
The show at Simpson Street is a varied, fairly laid back show. They usually have a very good sterling findings dealer. Also, the Gem Mall has a few. You want to see a bit closer to the date if others you know are going. It is fairly easy to be registered as a guest or an additional buyer on one of the other people's badges when they register. Fairly sure that that To Bead True Blue or Tucson Bead Show, both at the Doubletree also have some good quality findings dealers.

About seed beads: depends on what you are looking for. For Japanese seed beads, the Best Bead show has two dealers who both fill up an entire room of them. For Czech seed beads, there are several dealers at the Gem Mall, but they can also be found at Best Bead, to Bead True Blue and Tucson bead show, including vintage seed beads.