View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 2:50pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hi Pam - As you look down at your bead in Step 7 - you will see where the first row of petals are that you just wrapped. Step 7 actually begins your petals. Steps 1-6 are creating the "stamen" or base for your petals - these are the inner layer that transverses the bead itself. Step 7 will be your first row of petals and you can decide here whether you want to place your next row of dots directly over the other ones - or start the new dots in between (offset) from those. (You can also do both - make a couple of rows in-line and then stagger them for a couple of rows - it's really up to whatever you want to do). In this set - I chose to stagger the petal rows to make them look more like flowers - so as I looked down at the bead, I put the dot for the next row in-between (you are working on top of your clear wrap from before here so you just kind of "sight" where in-between is ). You'll see as you begin to make these beads that they are "backwards" - the dots you put down in Step 7 will then become the petals furthest to the left of the bead - each subsequent set of dots will move the petals toward the right. I hope this makes sense? You are building on top and slightly to the right of what you have just made.
Also - since these are implosions, you can get as fancy as you want. You can pull the petal dots/crease them/put little bubbles in them or at the very tip of them and just generally abuse them anyway you want before wrapping them with your clear. The possibilities are endless. I hope this clears it up for you some. As you begin to play with these beads, the directions will become very clear - I promise!! If you do something and it doesn't work - stop, look at the bead and visualize what it is you are wanting it to do - then use heat and gravity (and possibly some more clear) to make it do what you want!! Also - just as an aside - if things go awry - these beads make great owls and also look good smooshed!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2011-03-01 at 3:09pm.