View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 10:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdb View Post
LOL, me three! for me that's where the custom tools come in. i have these grooved brass hand tools (not flat) that i use for shaping - i''ve never quite been able to get the hang of fully shaping a bead by rolling it on a completely flat surface... touch-ups sure but not complete shaping

my 2nd fave "marvering" tool is the top half of the Cattwalk crunch presses
ME TOO!!! I tell EVERYONE to buy this press!!! I can't torch without it!! It's my FAVORITE MARVER!! (I even take it with me when I go other places to torch!)

My other "must haves" are my brass "center handled" square from Maria (I like the plate of brass with a handle like a press--I can "squish" with it or I can use it like I do the crunch press top!!), & the matching flat plate that sits on the counter top....I really like brass better than graphite 90% of the time...oh & a teeny little brass shaper from GLMcBead....& some pokers from Maria, & a brass "cuticle shaper" from Nikki's Brian (the official "sheep-ear poker-downer" )

My poor "must have if you're a new torcher" graphite marver still looks brand new...I must find my dremel & drill a hole in it--Sue keeps telling me what a great "mandrel steadier" they make....maybe I'd use it then.... I feel bad just looking at it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies