View Single Post
Old 2010-03-26, 9:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinCoquille View Post
I'm gonna vote "marver the heck outta them", because I use the marver almost every time I make a bead...but, I don't think I actually "marver the heck outta them".
My reasoning was pretty close to this, but since I could choose two boxes I chose the first two, because I'm somewhere in-between.

I use my marver/paddle to help refine edges, flatten sides (like for tubes or cones), smooth out places where I had too much glass in a press ... lots of little uses. As an artist I'm continually developing my awareness that ones artistic expression is often closely tied to refinement of tool use. So, if you learn with a marver, you're always learning new ways to put it to use, but it's not like you're just using it to mash (!) the glass around because you don't know how to do anything else!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.