View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 6:53pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I wasn't on LE yet when I bought my kiln, or I'd have looked at Glass hive, but I'll give you the info on mine, as it fits most of your requirements.

I bought an AIM 84BD, and have been really happy with it. With the optional digital controller, it's $645 - here's the link

http://aimkiln.com/aimlamp84bd.htm

With the bead door ring in place, it's 9" tall, so plenty of space for small sculptures; I was also looking for a kiln that would allow for the possibility of eventually branching out to slumping, fusing, PMC, etc., and this one is good for that.

It runs on 110, DOES have exposed elements, but they're way up in the top ring, you'd never accidentally bump one putting a bead in. And it's a brick kiln, not fiber; it doesn't get terribly hot on the outside, at least at the temps I'm running to anneal 104, and it holds it's heat really well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.