View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 5:53pm
Flamewoman

I would reccomend keeping an eye on the Garage Sale threads, I sold a Lynx last week for cheap. It will depend on who you talk to on torches but I started with a minor burner, worked soft glass for a year then got the lynx and went on to boro. Do you have ready access to bottled oxy? Are you thinking of concentrators? I started with tanks, but that got really expensive and when I went to a concentrator my torch was not designed to run on a concentrator. It also depends on how much you are able to "invest". The very, very, very FIRST thing you should think about is VENTILATION. Without proper ventilation you can really damage your self. The noxious fume that lampwork creates is nothing to mess around with, IMHO. Are you going to build a studio? Work in the garage?
This is a very involved hobby, and you also need eye protection, and for boro you need more than a pair of diddies. Just keep reading here on LE, that's where I learned most of what I know, or got information that I needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!