View Single Post
Old 2014-06-09, 9:05pm
I speak Murrini!

Hayley, what a beautiful bead! I love the finish - deliciously smooth!

I'm of a different mind and experience, though, at least so far! But it seems to actually be typical - from all the reading, blog stalking and trolling I did before I even got started - that everyone has slightly different and un-typical "sweet spots" on timing (length of time in the e-bath) as well as how high or low to turn up the juice, type of anodes (bar, sheet, coiled wire, etc)! So I think experimenting is key!

Interestingly, I've been working on the opposite premise - I went with a long duration (about 11 hours) in the solution on a relatively low setting (.20 top knob) though I dunno if this knob controls the red or black wires . My result seems to be nice and strong, and I'm pretty happy with the finish too!

I will dare to show you, but I think the picture might be kinda crappy as I've not got my camera software unpacked from the move yet. These are two of my very favorite murrini of all time, made by the amazing artist Andy Buckles. I was skeered to death to put these in the e-bath, but am very, very happy with the finished products! The "Frank" measures about 7/8", so I 'm working quite small and carefully! These are the first in what I hope to be many more in my e-framed murrini line - including some of my own designs from the last 5 years!

Frank N Bride:

Ultimately, Aleks, I suspect that your using too much power. If you can't dial down your rectifier any further, it might be worth the investment to purchase another. I got mine on e-Bay for about $65.

Keep up the great work and chat everyone! I'm loving this!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2014-06-09 at 10:17pm.