View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 10:37pm
Salt Box Beads

Awww thanks I appreciate it.

I empathize with anyone else that has back pain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Today was the first day I didn't take pain pills so I am getting better.
We did get the fuse box in and a few other things but not much. Hubby won't be home until the week of the 6th so probably will not post again until the 12th or the 13th.

Our electrical situation is unique because we are in a 50 year flood plain. Here in California that means dealing with at least 5 red tape hoops to jump through including FEMA. I would have to build my studio shed with a 18" deep permanent foundation. I wasn't/ am not going to do that.

So we decided that we would wire the shed completely anyway, but the breaker box panel inside the studio shed will be wired with a 10 gauge electrical cord that goes through the wall to the outside and will connect to an outlet on the side of the house which will be installed by our electrician.

So when I go out to my shed I will plug it into the house which is only 6 or 7 feet away from the studio shed. When I am done torching for the day I unplug it and I am done.

Pictures will help to better explain it all. I will post them as we go along. For right now we are just happy to have finally figured out a way to get electrical without involving FEMA.

I got the idea from looking at how RV parks do their hook ups and from hubby because they use the same electrical cords out at the drill sites to run all of their heavy electrical. It should work.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2013-04-28 at 10:41pm.