View Single Post
Old 2018-01-25, 7:59pm

you guys are awesome for the responses so thank you. It crossed my mind that if i have a tank inside i can see it, therefore can see a problem if the pressure is down or if a fire starts ( i know im overthinking it now ) I'll def put it upright and chained after reading the responses. As far as an oxycon, thats the one thing i haven't really shopped around for. I originally thought they only worked well with certain torches and were much lower output, but today i watched a video from Revere Glass and he was running a Mirage on an oxycon no problem.
So i assume they are safer and i just need to read up on them so i don't say anything more stupid than i already have.
My local Airgas charges $9/mnth and $26 per refill of their largest tank, a 129cf they sd it weighs 60-70 lbs.

I have so many questions that i thought i had answered, but i'll just lay it out there: I have a $2,000 budget right now for this.
Shed - $350
GTT Lynx - $435
tanks/tools/glasses - $400
venthood/workbench - $200
Kiln - $600

It's a little tight as you can see. Would you hold out for a used kiln and buy alot of glass for practice...would you get a better torch than a Lynx and get just a couple tools...Damn