Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreajane View Post
Consistency and reliability tend to be reflected in how much things cost. Not always, but often.

I haven't seen it this way. I wasn't in on this from the beginning, I understand a lot of information has been deleted, which makes me wonder even more, but most of the time when people post problems they are having with glass, people either commiserate or try to help. The Devardi discussions have gone way past that and I was just giving my overall impression in my first post here.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I have invested time in other 104 glass and I like it. Since I've figured out a few things about the glass I already like and already work with, I have relatively predictable outcomes at the torch. No coddling is necessary once I learn what I need to know in order to best use my tools and materials.

Andrea
Do you use silver glass and/or odd lots? I don't use odd lots myself because I like to be able to get the same glass regularly and that isn't often the case when or if they remake one. Silver glass I tend to be willing to work out, even with batch variations. Each color is a whole new ball game, but it's fun.

Just like those things I mentioned, once you figure it out, it's the same thing with devardi. Usually, like most pinks from anyone and handpulled glass, it's work it cool if you have problems. I don't "coddle" devardi. I just consider "frit on a stick" rods much more difficult to work with.