View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 3:55pm

It's fine to say that I can just substitute colors - I know that, and it isn't my point.

I buy tutorials from certain people because they are VERY GOOD at what they do. Generally, they have tested, practiced, tested more, etc...and discovered the VERY BEST glass type and colors for that particular bead style. I'm buying the tutorial for their personal expertise on the subject, and I want to be able to follow along with the tutorial, AS WRITTEN, at least the first time as a learning experience. Then I'll happily go off and try other things.

If I wanted to make something out of yarn, I'd have to decide if I wanted to knit or to crochet, then I could buy an appropriate pattern. If I bought a pattern that appeared to be for crochet, but turned out to be knit, I'd be just as upset == yes, I could figure out how to translate it into crochet, but I thought that I was buying a crochet pattern. Do you get my point?

The reason the I'm doing this in public is because of the number of tutorials that I have purchased which have this issue. It needs to be public -- this is an ongoing problem that needs to be resolved. I don't want any other lampwork newbie to spend their money and not get what they thought they were buying.

Unfortunately, this particular batch of tutorials just happened to be the thing that finally hit my flash point, and I do apologize to the authors for using their tutorials as an example of the situation.

Generally, I approach things quietly, am very careful not to hurt feelings, upset anyone, etc. ..... and my problem goes ignored and unresolved. I've had that happen with sellers in the Garage Sale who have not shipped as stated, sent things not as described, taken 3 months to ship, sent poorly packed items that broke in transit, etc. and then refused to make good on things. I've felt horrible when I've seen them selling other items, and worried about the next person that wasted their money buying from them. Sometimes you just have to speak up about things for the general good. I know that I'm going to get blasted for doing this, but that is how strongly I feel about this issue.

Birdy