View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 5:37pm

Hello everyone,

I just logged onto LE and saw this thread about our tutorials and wanted to see if I could clear the air a bit. Birdy, first let me say that I am very sorry if you are disappointed with our tutorials and we would welcome your comments and suggestions if you would contact us about them. Anyone who has ever dealt with me or Becky knows that we are very reasonable and would have gladly talked to you on the phone or via e-mail to see if we could help you.

When we wrote our shell tutorials we wanted to be as honest as possible with our customers about the type of glass we used because we sincerely want everyone to be able to get the best possible results. Because these were our first tutorials we didn't anticipate that there would be a problem with our recommendations that you use Bullseye or Spectrum glass to make the shells. It is only a recommendation and many of our students use 104 for their shells with no problems at all. But it would be unfair of us not to tell you that we use Bullseye when we know that it produces the crispest and most easily sculpted shells.

Let me assure you that you CAN make every one of our shells using 104 glass. We've done it many times. You'll get good results. You don't' have to go out and purchase Bullseye just to try these designs. Please use what you have in your studio. We were simply trying to give you the very best advice we could from our years of experience. I thought we had done a good job of explaining this in our tutorial.

Please send me a PM and give me your e-mail address and I'll contact you in private. Becky and I want our customers to be happy.

Sorry my post was so long, but I just hate to see anyone upset over something that could have been cleared up with one short e-mail or phone call. Becky is out of pocket today and tonight because a dear friend's husband was killed in a motorcycle accident last Sunday and she is spending some time with her. I know she'll take care of any e-mails when she returns.

Diane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.