Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:38am
doyenne of the homebodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
1) completely fair. Everyone has their willingness level to do things.
Consistency and reliability tend to be reflected in how much things cost. Not always, but often.

Quote:
2) imagine you do say you like it and why, and the other people-who have never even seen said product-keep on going, and then more folks with that mindset appear saying similar, negative things. You still really like the product, and are concerned-because it happens, especially on these forums-that the group of non users will drown out the lesser known supporters. Can you see some of the lesser knowns taking similar tactics to the more well knowns? Plus, there is some back story here-not in the posts present. nastiness from both sides, in all honesty.
I haven't seen it this way. I wasn't in on this from the beginning, I understand a lot of information has been deleted, which makes me wonder even more, but most of the time when people post problems they are having with glass, people either commiserate or try to help. The Devardi discussions have gone way past that and I was just giving my overall impression in my first post here.

Quote:
3) If you don't want to coddle glass, Bullseye is your buddy Most COE 104 users who try it just love it since it's not so persnickety.
Thanks for the recommendation, but I have invested time in other 104 glass and I like it. Since I've figured out a few things about the glass I already like and already work with, I have relatively predictable outcomes at the torch. No coddling is necessary once I learn what I need to know in order to best use my tools and materials.

Andrea