View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 9:16pm
Sheryll

I just had this conversation at AS yesterday. I think all glass is shocky if you just expect to stick the rod in the flame without slowly introducing it to the heat. I would stick to Moretti - lots of colors and reasonable price if you stick to the basic colors first and play while you learn.

I would melt some white (204) and learn how quickly this glass melts. Then try melting a rod of transparent black and see how much stiffer it is. Then melt some ivory and how it's very similar to the white.

Minimum colors (besides black, white, ivory, and clear) that you can use to make a variety of beads (using what I would consider "inexpensive" colors:
Trans Aqua, Amythyst, topaz, grass green, cobalt
Pastel Turq, sky blue, gray, periwinkle, violet, nile green

Then depending on whether you like red/orange/etc... pick one from specials. Most newbies have issues with opalinos and alabasters bubbling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.