View Single Post
Old 2008-06-25, 4:35pm
Carpe Beadum

I've had good experience with it. I have noticed that when I put the tip of the rod (only) in the flame and it gets really hot, it will bubble. It works better for me if I start to apply the tip of the rod to my bead just as it gets soft enough to melt.

Here's my process:

I wipe every rod I plan to use with alcohol before each torch session, and I make sure my hands are pretty clean. If I have to fuse two rods together (because one is really short) and where I was holding it looks greasy, I clean it again.

Then, when I'm using it, I turn the flame down a little and I work as far up as I can. I even stay toward the edge of the flame when I start, to adhere the tip of the rod to the side of the bead. Once the clear is attached to the bead, I will put the whole rod in the flame as I continue to wind it around the bead, and it doesn't bubble the same way like the tip does.

I like this clear a lot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung