View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 7:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandkona View Post
I have a few rods left of Passionate Pink, one is dark like yours in the photo and the other is a shade lighter like the photos in the auction. I believe the other pink she is selling is Lilac Ice. Both have white cores.

I hate it when the glass is no longer available - I feel like it is so precious now that I can't use it to make beads.... Along with the original Terra, odd lots of coral, etc.

Sue
There was the Original pass pink which is what is on Pam's auction and what DeAnne has shown above. Pam is also auctioning lilac ice in the same auction.

What you have is some of the original pass pink but you also have some of the second batch of pass pink that they made when trying to recreate the first batch. After that there was no more... They gave up I guess. That's why you have 1 batch with a white core (original) and 1 batch without it (second batch). Did that make sense??

On a side note... I saw Pam's auction last night and her pics and description contradict each other. She's showing 2 rods of lilac ice and 1 rod of pass pink (as far as I can tell) but her description states the opposite. Can someone that knows her bring it to her attention please? I could be wrong but if I'm not, I don't want to see her have issues later ( which she will). THANKS!

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton