View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 12:07am
That which you are given

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl73 View Post
The same holds true for the grocery store. I took a couponing class a while ago and I now never pay more than .50 cents for staple foods like cereal, frozen or box foods. Now if I could only find a way to get discounts on fresh produce life would be good!
In my area the local grocery stores have to throw out any produce that has a date on it on that date. i often go to the stores and look at the produce like bag spinach and if they are going bad the next day i ask them to change the price to reflect the date. If you get to know one of the produce guy/gal they will do it happily. I never pay more than 75 cent for a bag of spinach, then i just flash steam it and freeze it.

this also works with mushroom, anything with a date on it in the produce section. im sure it would apply in the bakery and meat dept but never checked

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chemwapuwa; 2010-11-22 at 12:12am.