View Single Post
Old 2007-12-05, 2:51pm

I did look into a concentrator because I don't really want a large "bomb" in my backyard where my kids hang out. It looked to me like a M-5 would be ok but I'd eventually want to upgrade it. Then I didn't know if I'd need a dedicated circuit. Ideally I'd like to run the concentrator off the circuit the kiln is plugged in to which doesn't have any other large things on it (just some ceiling lights). I don't run the kiln that often (maybe once a week for a big batch anneal). I found three or four mail order places where I could get one for around $350 but then I read more and realized there might be noise issues and there were sequencing issues (which I'm sure I'd get used to). I didn't find any local suppliers of the concentrators on my phoning marathon (I'd love if you'd PM them to me!).

Since this is my first time on a dual gas torch I thought I'd go simple with a small tank, make sure everything worked and the whole setup was stable. For $10 a month I didn't think I was making that big of investment.