View Single Post
Old 2017-03-24, 9:45am

you mentioned it was taking you a looong time to encase. Was this due to concentration or the glass melting slowly? I love Lauscha clear. I use it all the time to encase florals and I have never had a problem that turned out to be the clear. I have a bad batch of ink blue that caused those same cracks.

Since you said you did not buy it directly from a distributer, it may not be lauscha. I purchased lauscha from jo-dell years ago. It was not lauscha. Not sure what it is but it was not lauscha. It also does not work with anything. I tested it with 90,96,and 104. cracks...

I also have a batch of KAS-Kugler clear. It is beautiful clear glass but does not work with anything but itself. They are slightly fatter rods and crystal clear. That is my guess! I think I may try them both together and see if they turn out to be the same glass... You got me thinking.

Back to Lauscha, I loove it! The clear always works on transparents. Reds and yellows in opaque, not so much. But I have tried other clears on those colors and they did not work well either.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]