View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 7:57pm

How I would do it would be to use a black tent or a darkened room and then controlled the light that shined on it. a dark background would also eliminate the annoying white light. I'd probably use large light panles on both sides for over all fill light and then a smaller light behind a diffuser in front for the main light angled so that the hot spots were bouncing the light away from the camera lens. You have a lot of reflective curves there so you have to really control the light that's hitting it paying attention to the angles and where the light reflects. Sometimes this takes adding each light separately and adjusting it till you have the reflections the way you want, turn that one off and do the same to the next one, turn it off and the same to each one after that without moving any of them while they are off. Then turn them all back on and set your exposure.

Water will work but you will have bubbles to contend with and still have reflective hot spots if you aren't careful. I like bubbles on some things and shoot stuff in soda water for the affect. It can be pretty neat.

Mike