View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 8:15pm
Booyarashaka

After talking to some friends I must admit I feel way different about all this "cheap" glass. It does too much to our market and makes it even harder for the people that started all this great glass in the first place.

To make a long story short when we went to Disney a couple months ago I met a glass blower in The main park ... nice nice guy .. talked and watched for at least an hr ... come to find out that every bit of glass he was using was this Chinese supplied glass ... they buy so much of it that their price is crazy low ... like 1.23 a pound low because of just how much they bought ... anyhoot , having a studio I was really excited about stocking these very basic colors just to have a cheaper glass .... blah! Sux to think what it's doing to NorthStar, GA, Momkas so on and so on ... sad as hell really. I'll pass ... if I want cheap I'll go and get some cases of clear, sandblast and oil paint em for color till then I'll support our vendors here in the USofA ...

"Temet Nosce"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.