View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 9:20am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonwoodStudio View Post
Amy ... any update on the glasses from Malcolm ... very interested to hear!!
Sorry I didn't post. The lenses are fabulous. I was afraid they would be dark but they are pretty much the same as my AUR92's in how much light they appear to let in. In other words I can see just as good through them. Two years ago I got to the point that I needed reading glasses so the best solution for me were fitovers. I could have gotten prescription lenses but I knew my prescription would change so I didn't want to do that. I'm really not a fan of fitovers because they put so much pressure on my ears and nose. But that's got nothing to do with the lens filters.

Are they the solution to my eye problem? I really don't know. When working with silver glass and super heating glass colors like TNT during a four hour torch session, I would sometimes have issues with my left eye. It would feel irritated and dry during the torch session and look a bit red later on. Sometimes....about once a year it would get really red which is what happened a couple of months ago and I didn't torch for a week waiting for it to get better. The first time this happened I did see my eye doctor and he said my eye was fine. I've talked to my current eye doctor and my eyes are fine. I was just concerned that maybe I was getting some IR from the silver glass and that was causing the reaction with my left eye. So since these filter out IR that my AUR92's didn't, I'm hoping I won't have that problem again. Time will tell so I can't give an answer for that and I asked Malcolm if Philips has any specs on this filter and apparently they don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.