View Single Post
Old 2013-06-19, 7:08am
Marble Lover

Although this is a revived thread, I'll toss my experience in here.

I had some extra Flex $$$ I had to spend by the end of the year (or lose it) and it had to be on something "medical". So, I ordered a pair of prescription boro glasses from Phillips.

30 days later, I called them to get an update on my order. It was apparent by the way the account rep on the phone acted they had forgotten about my order and never made them. He promised they would be made that day and shipped that day, with a notification to me that they had shipped.

Two days later, I called again since I hadn't received any notification. It was again apparent that the glasses hadn't been made. The promise was made that they would go out the next day, which they did, and they were overnighted.

I was pleasant on the phone, they were pleasant on the phone, there were no hard feelings. I wasn't in any kind of hurry and just happy that they got made and sent.

When I received them, they were wrong. The prescription was correct, but where they center the "pupil" on the lens was WAAAAY off, as in the corner on one of the lenses. I took them to my eye doctor to make sure A) I provided Phillips with the right info and B) I wasn't just crazy.

My eye doc put them on a machine that verified the prescription and also that the pupil on that lens was way off, like I thought. They looked at my order I submitted and verified that I gave Phillips the correct info.

I called Phillips and they made me a new pair with no hassle at all. They sent me the new one, I sent back the old one ( they paid shipping ) and all was well.

After all that just to get them, I don't like wearing them. Unlike a poster above, mine aren't large, they actually look great - like a decent pair of sunglasses. What I don't like is that they're dark enough that it's hard to determine the color of glass, and if I lift them up to get an unfiltered look at the glass, I can't see because I just removed my glasses.

The solutions to this are:
1) Pre-select my glass I'm going to use for projects
2) Get better lighting at my workspace

Right now I just mainly diddle around and pick glass as I go. As I get more serious, I'll be better at beating #1 above.

My workspace is my garage and I need to decide if it's temporary or not. If it's not, then I need to add ventilation and good lighting.

So, my issues are surmountable. But, I'd rather just have a pair that slip on over my regular glasses, clip on, or that I can just wear with contacts. I have a pair for soft glass that go over my glasses and they work fine and don't bother me.

As for Phillips, I would use them again if I were getting another pair. They were decent to work with, just a little unorganized with my order.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.