View Single Post
Old 2017-06-27, 8:40pm

Default 4th of July Sale

Quote:
Why is Vetrofond no longer producing colors? There are so many I love by them. Yellow Ochre, Sunshine, just to name a few.
Vetrofond's main business is blowing glass lampshades and glass parts. Their factory is remarkable, the way they make their glass is top secret, really cool glass making equipment.

In the early 1990's Vetrofond began to reproduce the Effetre line of glass.

I do believe that most of the blown glass produced at Vetrofond is made from clear and white glass.

At one point Vetrofond stopped producing glass rods and went back to production for a glass lamp company. One style of light consists of many of the 13-14mm clear rods about a foot long, not worked in a torch. They use water jet tools to cut, form and drill into these glass rods.

They had no need for any smaller sized rods, but if I put in a large enough order, I could have any size i would like made.

I have heard some good things about the new Effetre clear, and hopefully after I get both shipments of clear from the two different companies, I will have two companies to supply me with really nice clear.

A long time coming!!!!!!

Watch for our newsletter, our next sale rocks!!!!!!

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206