View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 4:02pm
Flamewoman

Hi Laura, I like the smallest size, but that's because I am using it as backround in my pendants. I have had some really pretty effects with the andromeda as a backround, in the medium size, it looks great behind a blue or purple flower, then followed with fine jet frit. I'll try to work some and get pictures.

Jhamilton I will work on writting a tut, but honestly, whether it is written tuts or the one's you get on CD's or even Utube, there is nothing that will help you more than an actual class with a good teacher. I really owe John Kobuki so much more than I paid him for the class I took from him years ago. ( don't tell him that, he might send me a bill!)
John is the very best teacher (I think) out there. If there is anyway you can ever take a class from him, do it. I had to fly all the way to Colorado to take the class, was taken in by a very sweet lady who also is an LE member, and stayed at her house, she even picked me up at the airport, God I hadn't gone on an airplane in over 30 years and I have lots of trouble going away from home, I'm not good that way, but I am so glad I did it.
My skill level has improved thru the years, and it's like riding a horse, you gotta just ride, no one can really tell you how, you gotta do it. Learning how to focus the heat, and how to hold the angle of the maria makes such a big difference in the results you get. I always suggest starting with something really simple, and practice, practice, practice, and then practice more. I melt glass 4 or 5 days a week, and things are looking up! I have been melting glass for about 10 years, and I never get tired of it. There is always something new to learn.
Thank you all for your kind comments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2013-04-28 at 4:04pm.