View Single Post
Old 2017-09-23, 7:28pm

Default Preparing to Destash 104 collection from 2004

Hello all,
It has been a long time since I've posted here, and I was more of a Boro room dweller. But I need the wisdom and expertise of the soft glass people for this question. I have just unearthed my box of 104 coe rods, and I'd like to sell it; after all these years I just don't think I'll ever switch back from boro.
I have about 12+ lbs of assorted rods, mostly unlabeled but not all. I recognize a few of them as being "special" colors such as EDP, Dark coral, Copper Green, a shampoo-like opalescent yellow, Rubino Oro, and a bunch of alabasters. Also some very old Double Helix hand pulled rods and 200+ grams of Double Helix frit.
The big question is whether to spend the precious time sorting through these and trying to sell them according to color, getting more possibly for rare, more expensive, or discontinued colors? With boro, some of those old colors are quite valuable. I don't know if that's the case here or not. I wouldn't want to shortchange myself, because I really need the funds - but my time is valuable too.
Anyone care to weigh in on whether it makes sense to unload the glass as a giant assorted lot, vs picking through and trying to identify the colors, and parting them out?
Generally when people destash a larger quantity of glass, unsorted, what kind of price range do they aim for? Is it actually less valuable because it's all mixed together?
Sorry for rambling on. I appreciate any advice about the best most efficient way to do this.