Thread: Frit Help!
View Single Post
Old 2017-05-01, 3:34pm
Slogan Challenged...

Ah, you are using silver leaf/foil! The silver is definitely sparking. and it will cause some reactions with the frit colors, like the blues especially. I get that all the time when I make silver foiled frit beads. It's ok, in that case. It will do that. But be careful not to overheat as it will pit or devit more often.

Also worth mentioning that pressed beads are not usually pressed all in one go. It can take 2-5 times of heating gently and pressing to refine the shape. So your glass might be hot enough to start, and you just reheat and do it again. I hope this helps. Pretty bead! I LOVE the peacock frit.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy: