View Single Post
Old 2018-06-01, 10:14am

Default My candles disappeared!!

Hi all,

I'm a rank beginner but have just got a Bethlhem Minnow after using a Hot Head for a while. The BM is secondhand, and I also got a Companion 590i oxycon with it.

They worked fine when I gave it a first little try for a bout an hour or so- it was easy to regulate the candles etc. Today, I'd been working maybe 30 minutes and the oxycon suddenly flicked to the 'not working' light and the flame was all propane.

I switched everything off, then switched the oxycon on again and it went back to normal working apparently, re lit the propane then added the oxy, but I can't get my nice candles back no matter how I juggle the two gasses - they've completely disappeared. I'm struggling to keep the oxy flow up at 4ish now too.

The original candles were about 1/4 inch long, blue with little white tips and they were all the same length, so I think I had the set-up right.

I'm wondering if something has gone wrong with the oxycon. I did read that the foam lining which deadens the sound can become fragmented, block the fan and cause the unit to overheat and switch off.

If anyone has any ideas or input, I'd be very grateful. This setup is sooo nice after the noisy and slow HH that I don't want to lose it!

Many thanks,
Ann