Thread: Color Questions
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-18, 4:13pm
don't burn your fingers!

LLoyd, I am pretty new to the site, but I must say, the first day I logged on and found your penis necklaces, I thought they were hilarious!! I want to make some, but I dont want to snag your Idea. Mine would be different of course, but I wont make any if you don't want me to!!
On to your color question, I had a problem of sometimes getting the colors that wouldn't strike, but I think I have it solved. I have read elsewhere in this site that the trick is more heat. Get that baby as hot as you can without boiling it, then toss it in the kiln and anneal it. I have tried this, and the colors WILL POP!! it is amazing what the right amount of heat will do. I am still trying to get some pictures ready to post. I have alot of pieces with a muted color scheme, and some texture, and a few with really brilliant coloring. Also, when working with the amber purple family, and the silvers, be sure to burn the haze off before you encase it. If you leave the haze on, it will turn milky white. That was the problem I was having. Good luck, and let me know how it turns out!!