View Single Post
Old 2007-08-09, 10:31pm

I bought a tuff shed about 2/3 years ago and I absolutely love it and have influenced some friends to do the same thing.

I had an electrician wire the shed for the different kilns - one 220 volt circuit for my big kiln plus two 30 amp circuits for smaller kilns (I usually use one bead kiln - 30 amp but was trying to think ahead)! I also have each circuit with a ...umm can't remember what it is called - but it's a circuit breaker for when there is a problem - I use water a lot - grinders, lapidary saws etc - GFI?? I have had the circuit on the left side of the shed blow twice ... I have sockets every two feet (On the studs) so I am fully loaded - and when I run a heater in winter it flips lol.

Flooring ... well first the walls - no windows ... I have a 10 x 20 ... With windows in each narrow end and three large windows along one side (I am against a fence on the other) I also have skylights. It's a wonderfully light creative place - I spend a lot of time in here!

Walls - yes we insulated and sheetrocked all the walls - the studding is slightly wider than housing so we had to cut the insulation and piece it together - not fun - wear gloved and protective clothing while doing this- that stuff is mean!

Floor - There is a plywood floor over the metal base ... I have concrete board under linoleum (I foolishing chose the cheapest white lino flooring - next time I'd spend more and a different color) as a flooring I also used concrete board under stainless steel for my glass working area and have a tiled area under my large glass kiln.

Hope you enjoy it - it was a lot of work to get it together but I just love the space! I have a picture somewhere! Guess I'll have to upload it again (perhaps it's on WC???)

Sadie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.