View Single Post
Old 2006-05-01, 3:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
A better regulator will a hold more stable pressure. Work with it and see what settings work best. Getting new equipment is always an adjustment. I've seen studios operating on pancake regulators... it's all in what you can afford and get used to.

The pressure settings on the regulator do dictate the rate at which the fuel flows through the torch. Of course you can adjust the amount of fuel with the needle valve, but at higher pressures, the gas is moving faster. That is how you get a driving flame. If you want a soft flame, the pressure on the low end is best. This elliminates the woosh or high pressure push through the needle valve and allows a softer flame.
No way. The regulator I bought was the best you can get, I upgraded from a cheap regulator. Now it is not a 2 stage regulator but it is a solid 1 stage regulator.

I just thought that when you set your gas regulator at X psi it is supposed to always stay at that psi regardless if you have your torch is closed, half open, or wide open.