View Single Post
Old 2010-03-26, 1:21pm

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for - it seems like reasons to donate to BoC or what it does for you? Here's mine...

My Grandma - both of them, actually - died of cancer. I was 5 when we lost one, and 20 when we lost the other one... I only remember my maternal Grandma and her ordeals...

* Grandma had her nails done on a regular basis... When she was diagnosed with cancer, the nail tech put on latex gloves to work with her for the first time ever. Grandma cried because she thought the tech was afraid to touch her because of the cancer.

* During one of the middle of the night hospital trips, the nurse was having a hard time getting a blood draw done... Mom couldn't bear to be in the room watching, so I was holding Grandma's hand so she could squeeze when it hurt...

I can't cure cancer. I can't make it stop, and I can't have faith that all organizations working against it can do anything to help the people battling it now.

What I can do is make my little beads, and send them in... To show that people care and aren't afraid to reach out to kids (and parents) with beads... And to give them something to hold when it hurts...

Thanks for giving me a place to express this.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon