View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 8:00am
sunscreen me baby

I love rollers and presses for bead size consistency. Of course it isn't the only way, but it is a heck of lot faster. I make a lot of beads marver shaping only but often use the cavity of a mold/roller to measure how much glass I have on my mandrel before I shape.

I think it is important to learn to shape without a mold, but I don't think you HAVE to learn it first. I started at the beginning of the press craze. Within my first 6 months I had a tool designed by Cattwalk to my specs which they still carry. Many of the sets I sold in the beginning were bead press sets. I squashed and tortured the glass as I learned how to shape, lol.

Learning to use a press well is a skill too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.