View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 11:39pm

It would be effective to make a standing display in an irregular shape, like a star. Odd shapes attract more attention than rectangles. Even a circle would be good, or a shape that relates to your style of beads--like a kidney shape if they were inspired by mid century modern.

For a one-time show, make it out of a couple of layers of corrugated cardboard, cover with fabric (I'm thinking black velvet), add a triangle to the back to support it upright. A more durable solution would be plywood with cork on top; fabric covering optional.

Then pin the buttons on with T pins, or put a loop of fishing line with a price tag on each and hang from that.

Sewing each button to a card would be nice, too (or sets of buttons on a single card); I would make the cards the same color as the display so the buttons are the stars.

ooh ooh, if you could incorporate a shape from your logo (or create a logo to go with your shape), you could use the repeated shape to reinforce your brand. Just imagine the buyers saying, "I got this from the star lady."