Thread: Why a hot head?
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-21, 6:43pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I've been on a Hothead for a year and a half, just bought a Mini CC at The Gathering. I love BOTH torches, and use both. I'm actually using the Hothead more than the MiniCC, for 2 reasons - first, there are things my Hothead does that I can't do on the MiniCC, and second, that I have to run the big torch off tanked Oxygen and it's VERY expensive! I got 8 days out of the first $60 tank of oxygen!

As for the Hothead preferences - I find that the big bushy flame makes it WAY easier to make murinni and large focals, because it's easier to keep the mass warm. I also like some of the effects I get with DH glass in the Hothead flame. What I like better about the MiniCC is knowing I won't soot up clear or white, I won't reduce blues or gold melon pink accidentally, and I can dial it down to a really fine flame when I need one. Plus, of course, the magic DH glass will do in a neutral flame.

If I could only have one? I'd stick with the Hothead, on a BBQ tank of propane. I've been happy with it for a year and a half, and never actually intended to upgrade - just got seduced by Clio & the incredible price they gave me at The Gathering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.