View Single Post
Old 2006-01-10, 8:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbbeads
I've bought 2 Zoozii's and one from another supplier. I love the Zoozii's because of the pins. The other I don't use at all because you have to concentrate too much on guiding the top half onto the bottom half straight and hope your glass doesn't get too cool to move before you get it. If I'd used it more it may work out o.k., but I prefer having the pins to keep it all straight.

I have the handheld presses - These are the least used presses I have. I like the ability to press at a level/angle that is comfortable for me. I don't like having to always make multi presses to even-out the bead. The press pushes the glass slightly to one side so that one side is fatter than the other.

I have the base-required presses - I like the shapes available and these are the most often used by me. The drawback on this press is as barbbbeads said. It requires a base for allignment and attention to the top press, guide, bottom press and all the while attention to the glass on your mandrel and its placement.

I have the pin-guided presses - These are my favorite presses to use. Also for the same reasons barbbbeads stated. No base to worry about and no allignment worries. A few less worries than the base-required ones.