View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 6:40pm
Anna Duhame

I made this clownfish murrine on a Hothead:

Heidi...I feel like a dork...I was trying to make both wings...duh!

I have been planning to do try again...my last attempts main problem was trying to get a grip for pulling....I just got some pyrex punties so I know it will be easier next time. I have been trying to make a luna moth...I had one that would have been OK...but it got ruined when I tried to pull it. I am hoping to get a hotter torch soon so I was kind of waiting. Thanks to Heidi I will just focus on one wing at a time!

Meri-

First I would draw it out so you have a plan...
If you are going to go for a monarch...of course that will be more complicated...if you tried say a simple yellow butterfly...start with yellow and build it into a wings shap...if you want veins in the wing...layer them in there....I would wrap the wing shape in a darker yellow or lighter to make it stand out....then I would pull it smaller and cut in half. Put the pieces in a kiln and start the body...black would be good...flatten a gather....and shape so it has a head...attach wings and encase the butterfly with enough clear to keep it from distorting during pulling. I did this last time and my luna moth would have been ok, but the mass came loose during pulling and stretch all over in a big mess (not pretty).

I hope this makes since....but this is how I would do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hummingbird3172; 2006-01-11 at 6:50pm.